Friday, March 15, 2013

God created us to give and receive...

"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.   Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live."
-Psalm 55

what is this 'wine and milk' that you can buy without money?  And when I see 'without price' why do I get the feeling that whatever King David is talking about is priceless?
Miroslav Volf posted something on FB the other day about how God created humans to give and receive, but we have downgraded that to buying and selling.

It makes me wonder whether we will use money in God's New World...

Food for thought, offered free of charge  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment